Friday 2 September 2011

Once were children

My darling M,
Do you ever look out the window, on a normal workaday and think what you would be doing on a day like this back when you were young, and the world was simple? Remember laying in the grass, imagining pictures into the clouds. Remember when nighttime was exciting, staying up late something to be savoured like each precious chocolate. A time when the imagination was a toy, a friend for adventures.I think it is my connection to my childhood that fans the flames of attraction to the Japanese Harajuku style genre. The bright colours, incorporation of animal elements and joyful revelling in the possibility of pushing fashion to its boundaries – wearing those very high heels with a ratty old  sweater round the corner for errands because “I want to”, clashing prints, clashing styles, clashing the acceptable with the very challenging. Why not? Why not challenge the accepted and the norm? It is this spirit alive and burning in Harajuku that I find entirely enthralling. How exciting to be empowered with a “devil may care” attitude towards that which others deem appropriate. How fabulous to throw caution to the wind and maybe even win a few smiles for your bravery along the way!While in Kuala Lumpur, I was seized with such a mood, and piled on old and new for a photographic flight of fancy. Enjoy, and hopefully I raise a few little smiles along the way … 

Bow - iamchubbybunny.com. Collar - Modo, Sungei Wang Plaza, KL.
Vest & top - iSocks, Times Square, KL. Shorts - Living Doll.
Tiger (Charlie) - Fantasea Theme Park, Kamala, Phuket


I leave a trail of colourful chaos wherever I travel.



Charlie and I go on adventures together.
He was a cuddles lifesaver when I was struck with
terrible tummy ache on the plane, on the way home.
I think that earnt Charlie a permanent place in my travel bag!


A little girl on the plane was clutching a white tiger,
and told me how he no longer had stripes. I said that
is because she had loved them right off him. She liked that.
I suspect Charlie is set for the same fate, and I am going to
have to work out a way to replace stripes.


I couldn't resist - the Angry Birds look so angry!
Personally, I think the yellow one is envious of the
red ones bunny ears...
 I must bid you adieu, and encourage you to squirrel up a fashion flight of fancy, all of your own!

Squirrel Nutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment