Thursday 1 September 2011

Boy Wonder

Oh my goodness, M!
I am in love. I am in love with the designs of Kermit Tesoro. Even the designer’s name is rocking.
Kermit hails from the Philippines and brings a mind-blowingly fresh perspective on avant-garde design. His aesthetic is faultless.  Of course, his full-bodied education at the University of The Philippines Diliman (College of Fine Arts), Fashion Institute of the Philippines (Fashion Design) and School of Fashion and the Arts (Fashion Marketing) would make for a great foundation upon which to build the tendrils of artistic genius.
Kermit’s latest collection, FW 2011, is heart-breakingly awesome, with its surreal biological and terrestrial references. Heeless boots rise archly from the floor, while dresses executed in slinky nude and black, are electrified by panels of blood orange and pastel pink. The heels of pumps and booties are reimagined, with grinning skulls and life-like hearts carved into them. 
There are many referenes to other collections that can be made at this point - Rodarte-inspired voodoo queens and echoes of the McQueen’s Atlantis collection, with earthier more terrestrial undertones – but none of these comparisons do justice to the pure creativity, imagination and fresh perspective brought by Kermit to his collections.
I proudly announced to the boy last night that if I were ever to get married, I would be the bride who wore Kermit Tesoro. It must be said, I was poring over his FW 2010 collection at this point, absorbing every perfect white detail.
Kermit has recently collaborated with Lady Gaga and the shopping site Gilt. My fashion senses are tingling, and I can feel it in my bones that this designer has fantastical things in store, his talent and brave execution is a beacon of relief among many who have bowed to commercial pressure, maligning their own creativity.
I am so utterly desperate for a pair of Kermit’s fantastical shoes. Alas! It must be an unrequited love as mundane requirements such as bills take precedence. Oh well, a girl can dream.
But OH! How my life would be complete if my tootsies were blessed with the heavenly creations of Mr Tesoro! I suppose worship and pure adoration of unbelieveable shoes wouldn’t cut it as a reason for bank heist in a court of law….or would it?

Here, I provide for your viewing indulgence, a veritable feast of avant-garde shoe design...all images credit to http://www.kermittesoro.com/ 




These beauties remind me of shapely faun hooves -
just add pan pipes.




The sinew. The muscle. the ribcage corseting.




Cardio Pumps you electrify my life, kickstart my heart.


So there you go my lovely, pure artistic talent so beautiful, so perfect in its execution. I can not wait to see what Kermit does next!

Sweet shoe filled dreams,

Squirrel Nutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment