Tuesday 23 August 2011

Sick with renewed travel lust

To my dearest darling M,
I so very much enjoyed mine and Bear’s trip to Phuket and Kuala Lumpur. Phuket is a beautiful corner of the world, perfect for lolling on the beach, engaging a love of retro holiday glamour and deliciously potent cocktails. The people are very sweet, and the food is manna from heaven.
I have decided there is a real art to packing for a holiday. Every item that makes it into the sacred suitcase space must at first prove its worth by careful consideration - whether it be a multipurpose toiletry product or clothing item with a good few possible incarnations.
Of course, the part of the packing process that always causes me the most consternation is what shoes make the cut! The choices, some would argue, appear endless. There is just so much to take into consideration – what will we be doing during the day? What will we be doing during the night? Can I really avoid trekking at all possible cost, or is a little acquiescence required to ensure Bear is happy? Just how high can my heels be before I get told by him that “they are too ridiculous, and all heels should stay home in the interests of harm minimisation”. Personally, I’m always sure I can secret in at least a few pairs. Anyway, I maintain the fun of holidays is having the decadence of dressing up. It makes for prettier holiday snaps, and a sunnier disposition all round.
I undid all my good packing intentions with a cargo-hold worth (almost) of shopping whilst we were there. It is just that for a fashion and shoe obsessed squirrel such as me the variation, quality and value available is beyond intoxicating! There is something very lovely and satisfying in finding so much that suits my rather, ahem, quirky and eccentric style. To be fair, Bear was encouraging me – yes, I didn’t see that coming either. Needless to say, I didn’t need a second prodding.  I promise I will have photos for you soon.
Totally aside from the shopping is the joy of the cuisine! I am thinking that I am one very voluptuous squirrel coming home again. The food was the most eagerly anticipated aspect above all else. Well, well, I sure enjoyed that one to its full potential! I simply adore Thai, I can eat everything and anything on the menu without any of my usual allergy dietary restrictions. This is best enjoyed looking out over the ocean, drenched in sunlight. Oh my, can’t we go on our next holiday already!
Keep squirrelling my beloved,
Nutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment