Monday 22 August 2011

Pen to Paper

Dear M.
Finally as promised, my letter to you. I have taken that one big breath, and braved putting pen to paper, one word in front of the other.
What to write about? Well, as always, the options are endless. These are after all my tales – shared with you in the strictest confidence.
While we are on the subject of sharing confidences, I did a bad thing. I broke my “no new shoes” policy in grand style. Let us all admit, it was always going to be tough keeping a bonafide shoe fiend on such a tight financial leash. I think I did rather well holding out for well … we’ll say 2 months to be kind to my self-respect.

To be fair though, I have been thinking about (obsessing over) this particular pair of booties (beauties?) for ages!  As luck would have it, I emailed Los Angeles and I got the LAST PAIR in the colour and size I so desperately sought. Well, I took this as an omen from the shoe gods – especially when said lovelies come with a very respectable discount. I had no choice, I was possessed by a fiending shoe demon! I mean, as you can see below, who wouldn’t? They are to die for.

 
Pinkie Pie and the Purple Ponies enjoying my Fluevog Mini Lovers in Lavender


It is as if Mary Poppins, a My Little Pony and John Fluevog had a three way love child. My first question was of course “Oh my lord. How could they do this to me!” My second being  “Why do I insist on torturing myself by consistently trying to window shop the Fluevog website!“  Deep breath .... it's motivation to be a very business savvy, highly successful shoe fiend.
Fortunately, I have the Bear, who is responsible and logical in the face of my shoe hysteria and ensuing financial dementia. I'm sure I will be grateful to him later....
What if I displaced my personal responsibility in the matter with a little parental blame reappropriation? I am currently courting the idea that I am such a shoe fiend because from the time I could walk (and before!) I was always shod with such style and panache! Nothing quite like beautiful shoes to peak a child's undying love for footwear. A little ridiculous? I think not. As Marilyn Monroe said, "Give a woman good shoes and she can conquer the world."
I am working hard in my little rabbit hole on conquering the world. Unfortunately, there are shoes to assist in the case of the wandering mind. I'm blaming the malaise of shoelusting. A little Jane Austen female incapability never hurt anyone …
Keep squirelling my dear,
Squirrel Nutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment